If you follow my blog or social media posts, you have no doubt heard me discuss the importance of taking your basal body temperatures. But maybe you still don’t know how to take basal body temperatures. If not, this weeks blog is a short video that will explain exactly how to take them. But it’s so easy, I’m going to break it down for you right here:
- Buy a thermometer such as Fair Haven Health Digital Basal Body Thermometer
- Keep it on your nightstand
- Upon waking take your temp orally (before going to the bathroom, talking, sitting up, etc.)
- Record the data on an app on your phone, or on paper
You’ll want to take your basal body temperatures at the same time every morning. If you wake up more than an hour past your usual wake up time, just skip taking it (as the temp will be about half a degree higher than usual). And just to make it a littler easier for you, here’s this weeks video in case you want more info.
How To Take Basal Body Temperatures
That’s really it! I encourage you to start taking basal body temperatures asap so you can begin to gather this important data about your health and fertility. Need a refresher on what your basal body temperatures mean? Check out this blog on what your basal body temperatures tell us about your fertility.
Until next time – don’t stop dreaming,
Misty Reed, Fertility Consultant and Coach
If you found this information helpful, please consider subscribing to my YouTube Channel and share this video with others
Want more support like this during your fertility journey? Sign up for a FREE Fertility Assessment Session during which we will:
- Establish clarity around your fertility and family building goals
- Discover what is really stopping you from reaching your fertility goals
- Create excitement about knowing what to do next on your fertility journey
Click here to set up your FREE Fertility Assessment Session.
Not ready for an assessment session? How about signing up for my email list so you can get 2 months of free fertility tips, inspiration, and be the first to know when I write a new blog or post a video. You can sign up on my blog here and you’ll also get my FREE report titled 7 Tips to Boost Your Fertility!